KFAM’s community service programs provide families with the tools, support and resources to meet their diverse needs and enhance their quality of life. We also connect them to a broad range of government, health, legal and social services to more comprehensively meet gaps in essential health and human services.
Mental Health Workshops & Events
Throughout the year, KFAM offers special programs addressing priority issues of depression, anxiety, stress, anger management and other emerging needs in mental health for Korean Americans. Examples include:
- Mental Wellness Seminar Series
- “Keep Your Cool” Anger Management Workshop
- Teen Emotional Upgrade and College Readiness Workshop
- Presentations and workshops at senior centers and churches
- Korean Mental Health/Depression Screening Day
Public Awareness & Outreach Campaigns
KFAM provides education and outreach to raise awareness and reduce stigma towards mental health and family violence intervention services for Korean American families in Los Angeles.
Past campaigns and trainings include:
- Mental Health Symposium
- Engaging Korean Men and Boys and Domestic Violence Campaign
- “Healthy Children Come from Happy Families” Children’s Family Violence Prevention Campaign
Consumer Mediation Talk Line
We provide informal, free mediation service for limited-English speaking consumers who are involved in disputes or may be experiencing deception or fraud. If you have a consumer rights issue and would like to talk to a KFAM Talk Line volunteer, please call 213-389-6755 x 113.
KFAM offers Yoga classes Every Monday and Friday from 10:30 to 11:30 in Room 305.